The Swansea Community Association Tennis Club’s Financial Accessibility Policy provides fee subsidies to help low income individuals and families who live in Toronto access our programs. The number of subsidies (or dollar amount available for subsidies), and the amount of subsidy are subject to change annually on approval by the Club Board.
Discounts to eligible applicants
- 50% discount on adult and family memberships.
- 100% discount on junior membership.
- 100% and first junior lessons or programs and 50% discount on subsequent junior lessons/programs.
- 0% subsidy for Summer Camps.
- 0% subsidy on adult lessons/programs.
- Membership discounts will be offered up to 5% of the total adult membership for the season. Family membership will be counted as 2 adult members.
- Individual junior membership discounts will be offered up to 5% of the total individual junior membership for the season.
Subsidy will be based on financial need based on the annual income of the applicant/applicant’s parent/guardian. Statistics Canada’s Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) data will be used as a guide. Ontario Works (OW) recipients automatically qualifying.
Current qualifications are as follows:
- Family applicants with less than $50,000 before tax income per year (Line 150 – last year Notice of Assessment)
- Individual applicants with less than $23,400 before tax income per year (Line 150 – last year Notice of Assessment)
Applicants can contact the Club Treasurer in confidence requesting subsidy and providing appropriate documentation.
The Treasurer shall review the applicants in confidence with the Membership Secretary and subsequently apply the policy as approved by the Board within the approved constraints.